bc250d and a serial to usb adapter

Status
Not open for further replies.

gqtrebor

Is there a trick to get this working?
i have everything installed right and it see the usb adapter but i cant connect at all.......any setting need to be changed in device mngr?

thanks in advance

garys

Premium Subscriber
Make sure you have the correct comm port selected in the software that you are using. That is, the USB software will create a virtual comm port and you need to make sure that it is the one that you have selected in whatever program you are using. Use Device Manager, look at the USB section and see what the USB adapter has selected for the Comm Port number.

gqtrebor

Yes i have done that, i want to know if i have to change the flow control or anything like that? it works for a whole 2 seconds then pops an error communication

garys

Premium Subscriber
Yes i have done that, i want to know if i have to change the flow control or anything like that? it works for a whole 2 seconds then pops an error communication

I've never had to touch any of those. The most I've ever done is change the comm port number. Another thought. Have you checked to see if you have the lastest drivers for the USB adapter? And what software are you using?

cws

I use Win7, 64bit, and the first time I try to connect UASD to the radio after starting the program, it gives me that communication error, but it works the next time I try it, and continues to work.

Also, I found that the latest driver from Prolific's site does not work at all for me. I use an older version from the site of the cable manufacturer - iocrest. My cable came from Monoprice.com, instead of the USB-1 cable from Uniden, which may use a slightly different version of the chip.

Details can be found in my posts of the past couple of weeks.

Status
Not open for further replies.