Bc250d

Status
Not open for further replies.

dmo92593

Hello Well i am new to scanning and i need help please. I live in philadelphia and am trying to program several frequencis into my scanner. i know how to program most frequencis but i cant figure these out so if any one can help thanks. the frequencies are http://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?sid=4576 , the towing service talk groups any help would be gratefully appreciated thanks

KE5MC

Premium Subscriber
I just sold my 250 a few weeks ago, but will give it a try.

I never had a LTR Standard in the 150Mhz, but that should not be an issue. In front of each frequency there is a small grey number. On a 250 that is the order the frequencies will be entered into the scanner starting with the 1st channel in whatever bank you are using.

For the towing service use ID SEARCH for a few days and record the talk groups you see. Once you have them and listening to the voice traffic you will have an idea what name to use.

I never noticed if ID SEARCH and ID SCAN mode was global or could be set different from bank to bank. On a 396 which does not use banks it can be different for each system you are scanning. ID SEARCH will stop on all talk-groups that transmit. ID SCAN will only stop on talk-groups you have programmed in the list and are not locked out.

I hope the information is accurate enough to help.

Status
Not open for further replies.