BC296D connector type

Status
Not open for further replies.

kadetklapp

I'm trying in vain to update a BC296D. I've already searched, I know that there are virtually no cables out there that will work, but what I'm wondering is if there is an adapator I can get that will make the cable Uniden sent my customer work with the radio. I basically need to know what the port is called on this radio.

torontokris

Premium Subscriber
You probably wont find anything like it
its a uniden specific serial PC port for the 250/296.
(I wanted to say proprietary but I dont know if it is for sure only on Uniden).

There wont be any no-name cables that will fit it.
Have to find the uniden cable... I have 2 Ill sell you one for $300 jk

kadetklapp

Well that's just nice of Uniden. Let's sell a product unlike any other and then refuse to offer replacement parts. What's sad is this guy called Uniden customer service, got a cable sent to him, and it is in no way correct in fitment, he paid for it, and can't return it.

torontokris

Premium Subscriber
they probably sent him the newer Uniden 246/396/bct15/996 cable. (and fyi that cable is also basically one of a kind, just it coves more.current models so they can be found much more easy)

But did he tell them what scanner he had or jsut said a uniden digital scanner?

i checked uniden.com unidendirect I dont see that cable online either.

$250 then for the cable?

maybe if upman (unidensproduct manager/ guru on these forums) sees this he can suggest somewhere

Well that's just nice of Uniden. Let's sell a product unlike any other and then refuse to offer replacement parts. What's sad is this guy called Uniden customer service, got a cable sent to him, and it is in no way correct in fitment, he paid for it, and can't return it.

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
No ideas. ScannerMaster used to have a stash. Models themselves were discontinued not too long after I got here...

torontokris

Premium Subscriber
Is uniden direct special orders out of stock as well?
usascan.com suggests ... Call 1-800-297-1023 for Uniden Direct Special Orders. Price was $29.95
but that maybe an old message

couple sites that may help for building a cable
Uniden Bearcat BC250D, BC296D, UBC-3300XLT Scanner PC Programming Cable pinout and wiring @ pinouts.ru
they are suggesting replacing the USB end with a serial end and NOT hook up the radio tot he usb directly)

I dont see any on scannermaster anymore
Cables & Connectors for PC

$200 for the cable? I tried

Last edited:

SCPD

QRT
If you look at his other items it looks like he only deals with radio connectors. Hope it works out for you.

kadetklapp

We got it bought. Hopefully it works. Gonna be a few weeks as it's coming from Canada. In the meantime, the scanner's owner gave me the stock software to program it with. Was going to use ScanCat since I've got a key for it, but I honestly have no clue how to use it correctly.

SCPD

QRT
Im glad it might work out for you. I don't know the guy who stocks the cables i was only wanted to help you find one and he is the only one as of now.

Status
Not open for further replies.