BC296D Control Channel Scanning/Colorado DTRS

Status
Not open for further replies.

rfjones

I live near site 151 and am line of sight with most of the neighbor sites.Do I place the control channel for each site in 1 trunk group or separate trunk groups?In so doing do I use search instead of scan?Do neighbor sites carry the same traffic as site 151?Do I include the alternate control channels?

Presently I have site 151 CC and alternate CC's in trunk group 1 plus call centers taged in the trunk ID tables (scan lists) but suspect I am missing many call centers.How do they assign call centers to sites?By surveyed coverage or operational requirements?

I suspect our sheriff is using channels that are not showing up in search but a list of these assignments is classified info.I understood all active ID's carried by their home site will be heard using search.

Any insite into programming the 296D is muchly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
Bob
W0OXJ

seamusg

rfjones said:
I live near site 151 and am line of sight with most of the neighbor sites.Do I place the control channel for each site in 1 trunk group or separate trunk groups?In so doing do I use search instead of scan?Do neighbor sites carry the same traffic as site 151?Do I include the alternate control channels?

Presently I have site 151 CC and alternate CC's in trunk group 1 plus call centers taged in the trunk ID tables (scan lists) but suspect I am missing many call centers.How do they assign call centers to sites?By surveyed coverage or operational requirements?

I suspect our sheriff is using channels that are not showing up in search but a list of these assignments is classified info.I understood all active ID's carried by their home site will be heard using search.

Any insite into programming the 296D is muchly appreciated.
Thanks in advance.
Bob
W0OXJ
The TG's that are carried by a site on a Project 25 Standard systems is determined by what radios are affiliated with that site. For example if site 1 has a radio affiliated on it with TG 40 it would broadcast TG 40 and if site 4 had a radio affiliated with it also on TG 40 it would also broadcast TG 40. It all depends on which radios are affiliated with the site at the time. If a radio moves into another sites range, it will then affiliate with that site, so it is always changing. With the 296D, it will only look at one CC per bank, if you put multiple sites in one bank, it will only look at the first one it gets untill it loses the CC signal from that site. If you're at one location it will only get 1 CC per bank and not look at the others, if you are moving it will receive that one CC untill it looses the signal then look for another. If you program nearby sites in seperate banks you will then scan them. Your Sheriff probably does not know the TG numbers he's using all he sees is the display on his radio assigned by the system admin. The way to see all the traffic on a site is to put your scanner in ID SEARCH.

Status
Not open for further replies.