BC296D good or bad?

Status
Not open for further replies.

hawkeye32

Premium Subscriber
Well i was going to get a Pro-96 but came across this fella for a price of 250.00 from what i heard this a great grab...I have tried doing research on this scanner to find if or any problems, can't really find anything other then that fact of display problems...Just wondering if anyone here has the same radio (BC296D0 and how good is it for monitoring the P-25 system??Also not sure how many people do this with protables, but i also have a scantenna up about 35-40 feet, was thinking of connecting it to this, any ideas or feedback on that Thanks
chris

tommyscan

Premium Subscriber
this scanner is an excellent scanner for its time,meaning a second generation digital scanner. it handles p25 quite well but is lacking in many of the bells and whistles that the 396 or gre 500 offers. If money is not the issue,I would invest in the bc396 or gre digitals to give you more capability as systems switch to pure 9600 baud p25 systems.

torontokris

Premium Subscriber
Unless im wrong it does cover 9600..
Although Tommy is right it doesnt have all the bells and whistles that the newer ones have but for half the price

hawkeye32

Premium Subscriber
Yes i know but at the moment don't have extra 500-600 bucks to spend, only bout 300 so have found this for 250 with shipping which is not too bad

Status
Not open for further replies.