BC296D Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chaser945

Will the BC296D work for Northeast Indiana, More specifically Adams County and Wells County? Thanks in advance for the info.. Also what would be a good price for this used?

Chaser945

Bought this scanner. Now how to program it...any help is great....It does the safe-t so it is all good...

Chaser945

I'll go Back to mine

OK Programmed the Control Channels in the scanner, and it sounds like a loud humming.....also no ID's are coming up when scanning I put them in...any suggestions?

Billy_Mays

Did you program the control channels as a control channel in a trunked system or as a conventional frequency? The control channel will emit a mysterious tone because it is the main information link from the control tower to your device. If you listen to the CC directly you will only hear inaudible information being sent to radios around the county, this is not what you want to listen to. The CC is essentially the conductor of the main hub to multiple voice channels and your device will be able to decode the information. My advice would be to use some sort of programming software to setup the trunked system or read instructions on handheld programming which might be more difficult.

Just keep tinkering until you figure it out.

N9WP

If you are using the Uniden software, put all the freqs in for the system you want to monitor, next to the freqs, there is a column named Trunk, this needs to be on for each of those freqs.

For the trunk settings, it should be Motorola Type2/APCO25 800MHz, Trunk Bank set to On...In my file I have for the Boone county area, I have all the freqs programmed in and I set the CC Only Mode to OFF.

My file I have doesn't cover your area but you can download it, take a look to compare it to yours. It's on my webpage at N9WP's West Central Indiana, East Central Illinois Uniden USD files and it's the 796 file. Just unzip it and load it in your Uniden program.

Hope that helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.