BC296D

Status
Not open for further replies.

marke58

I bought a BC296D recently. I keep on getting "communication"error." with my remote settings. I connected the PC properly with a serial/usb adapter. Cannot get the baud rate right. Anyone have suggestions what Im doing wrong ? thanks Marke58

teufler

19200 works best for me. First go into Windows and make sure your com port is set AND the baud rate is at 19200. Then make sure youy have the radio set at 19200 also. In win xp, , go into system, then device manager , then see if yoiur adapter is recognized and what com port its assigned too. If not, re-install the drivers again.Then if your using Freescan, go into scanner, control scanner and see if your comm port is recognized . The cable and comm port should work now.

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
He's not using FreeScan (that doesn't work with the 296), but the advice is otherwise sound. Hopefully you are using either ProScan or ARC250, both of which support this scanner.

As an addition, make sure you are using the correct driver for your Windows OS (Win7, Win XP, ect.). It does make a significant difference

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.