BC3000XLT keypad trick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Curfew

While holding down the limit and hold buttons while turning the scanner on, one will see 00- FF. All of this can be scrolled through with the arrow up or down buttons and there are numerous combinations of this ie. 00-01, 01-02, 02-03, 1b c6, 3d ff, etc. Too many to list actually here.

What is this stuff?? Please bear with me, i don't know. Thanks, John.

eorange

♦Insane Asylum Premium Member♦
Go here for all known BC3000XLT keypad tricks: http://www.thechesapeakebay.com/bnr/3000.html

That particular one brings up a shift register display. There are other more useful tricks on that web page, like the light and the memory clear.

That was my first handheld scanner. An awesome performer; I sold it to make room for new radios. If it would have been computer programmable with alpha tags, I prolly would still have it! Had it for 8 years.

Curfew

I have had mine for about 6 or 7 years. It is highly functional for searching stuff out, for any scanner make i think it's one of the fastest. It has really good receive. Thanks for the response on what this stuff was. John.

DPD1

Definitely one of the better radios. I still use mine all the time. Only down side is short battery life.

Dave
http://www.dpdproductions.com
- Custom Scanner, Aviation, MURS, GMRS, Marine & Ham Antennas -

eorange

About 2 years before I sold it, I bought a replacement NiMH battery from Batteries America...a definite improvement. Great sensitivity too...I heard my first mil air comm on that radio.

Scan & search speed of 100 ch/s was tremendous for 1996 - and today! Not many can claim that.

Curfew

Bear with me, the shift register display, this can be toggled through. What is the purpose of this thing and what does it do? Can any of those be selected for any certain use??

I had the battery on mine rebuilt, the place couldn't get hydrides so they did it with NI cad.

Im thinking of taking the thing back and have them do it Hydride. I was so upset yesterday when the battery went out in the car i went and bought a cigarette lighter power supply for that and my 96! John

eorange

I have no idea, but I don't think the shift register display serves any purpose related to scanning or how you use the radio. Maybe it was a Uniden factory test mode?

Status
Not open for further replies.