bc330t firmware update problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

tommyscan

Premium Subscriber
Tried going thru steps to update the firmware and I get message that the unit cant be updated?? Can anyone tell me what to do to get it to work.its asking for a registration key? Tried doing that but cant get the updater to open? HELP!!

Kennrth

Premium Subscriber
The latest firmware version is 1.03.06. If this is what is in your radio it can not be updated.
Do you have a known good connection from pc to radio?
The correct direction would be:

go to the Uniden site, and click support... (or here) -> [link]

If you don't have an account with Uniden, create one by clicking the links to the right side of the page.

Once you have an account - you need to tell Uniden what radios are in your collection.
They ask this, so if there are any new releases, they can e-mail you - and I'm sure they do it to "advertise" to you also...

Once you are through with that, you can move to the download sections.
You need to download 2 files... The actual Firmware, and the Firmware Loader.

Once you have both pieces of software, you need to do the following:

Load the Firmware Loader.. (BC_VUP). Then, open the firmware file you downloaded.
The Uniden software will give you directions to follow, and your radio will then be updated.

Fixes from your version to the newer version:
Fire tone outs - no longer require a delay time.. Just put in tone-a and tone-b.
And, I'm sure there are a few other "minor" upgrades as well.

If you need help.... I can assist.. I've upgraded quite a few uniden radios, and I've done a handfull of BR330Ts as well.

MarkWestin

The latest version of firmware for the BR330T (and that which is in my BR330T) is 1.06.02. The firmware is available here:

BR330TFirmwareUpdate < UnidenMan4 < TWiki

Here is a list of the new features of this firmware:

This firmware update makes the following improvements to your BR330T scanner.

* Added a Custom Band Plan to 800 MHz systems to support rebanded Motorola systems (see instructions for use later in this document).
* Added AGC tweak settings to the Settings menu. These are no longer hidden menu items.
* Added a 30-second delay option to the Fire Tone-Out menu.
* Added Close Call Do-Not-Disturb to the Close Call modes (see instructions later in this document).
* Corrected an issue where the backlight behaved erratically in certain cases.
* Corrected an issue where frequencies would not be stored in Auto Store mode if you were using Custom Search 10
* Updated the PC protocol to support all operation changes.

Mark

tommyscan

Premium Subscriber
well i have the 1.06.02 and thought it was the latest but then I saw the 1.03.06 as stated above so which is the latest??? When downloading the files it turns to acrobat and when I click to open it says that acrobat cannot read the file???

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
The higher number is the latest version. 1.06.02 is higher tha 1.03.06 and is the latest.

Other than that, without identifying which file "turns to acrobat" can't diagnose further (but since you have the latest, no diagnosis is really necessary).

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
I just checked the file on the site, and it is fine. It is a zip file, and inside the zip is an exe file that you would run to install the firmware updater program on your PC.

Status
Not open for further replies.