BC346XT Backlight Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

CStarr59

Can anyone who has this scanner tell me about the backlight? I want to know if it can be set to stay on constantly, and if it can be set to light when the squelch is broken. I have a RS pro-137 which I believe has functions similar to the 346XT, and that backlight will not stay on more than a few seconds. I'm getting ready to purchase a new scanner and this function is very important to me. I'm also looking at the RS Pro-107. Thanks for all replies.

RoninJoliet

I agree, the 346XT "with the new firmware downloaded to it" is the better scanner...You need the latest firmware because on a "rebanded system" it will not operate in "Custom Search " properly....

Bigden7456

BC346XT Backlight Options

Can anyone who has this scanner tell me about the backlight? I want to know if it can be set to stay on constantly, and if it can be set to light when the squelch is broken. I have a RS pro-137 which I believe has functions similar to the 346XT, and that backlight will not stay on more than a few seconds. I'm getting ready to purchase a new scanner and this function is very important to me. I'm also looking at the RS Pro-107. Thanks for all replies.
The Back Light Options Are, And Can Be Set >10sec / 30sec / Squelch / Keypress / And Infinite.....Just Go To Go To Menu,,Settings / Set Backlight / Set Mode.....I Got My 346XT In July,,Its Been The Best Scanner Ive Owned To Date !!

Status
Not open for further replies.