BC346xt confusion

Status
Not open for further replies.

nautlynch

Forgive me for what is probably an easy setting adjustment but I just can't seem to find a fix or how to search for it in this message board (wording).

I was playing around with the scanner, listening to simulcast and I pushed the function button and turned the volume. Now along with simulcast it alternates with public safety and it's driving me crazy because I can't turn it off no matter how many combination of keys I push - even turning it off won't change the settings! Please help!

Another thing. This page: http://tinyurl.com/768rc75 shows that the scanner has the BearTracker feature. Is that a misprint?

Last edited:

Rt169Radio

Premium Subscriber
Well am not sure about your first problem,maybe some else can answer that.But the BC346XT does not have the BearTracker feature so that is a mistake.

W8RMH

Feed Provider Since 2012
Forgive me for what is probably an easy setting adjustment but I just can't seem to find a fix or how to search for it in this message board (wording).

I was playing around with the scanner, listening to simulcast and I pushed the function button and turned the volume. Now along with simulcast it alternates with public safety and it's driving me crazy because I can't turn it off no matter how many combination of keys I push - even turning it off won't change the settings! Please help!

Another thing. This page: Product Comparison shows that the scanner has the BearTracker feature. Is that a misprint?

That is a misprint. The 346 is not a BearTracker.

When you pushed the function button and turned the dial you probably inadvertently unlocked the system.

Hold down the function button and turn the dial unil to you see the offending system. Press down on the dial knob to lock out or unlock the system.

Try these links for your 346.

BC346XT - The RadioReference Wiki

Easier to Read BC346XT Scanner Manual

Last edited:

nautlynch

Thanks for the info. The manual may be, "easier to read" but I think this is a typo and could be confusing for someone who is just beginning:

Understanding Quick Keys
There are 100 'System/Site/Search Quick Keys' (0-99) and 10 and 'Group Quick Keys' (0-9)

Last edited:

staton

Premium Subscriber
Hold down the function button and turn the dial unil to you see the offending system. Press down on the dial knob to lock out or unlock the system.

I'm fighting the same battle, and I tried this without results. Got any better (more descriptive) ideas. I'm brand new to the radio and even reading the instructions posted isn't helping.

Thanks.

W6KRU

I'm fighting the same battle, and I tried this without results. Got any better (more descriptive) ideas. I'm brand new to the radio and even reading the instructions posted isn't helping.

Thanks.

Try this: Menu>Search for>Edit service>Public safety>Search with scan>Set lockout>Lockout

staton

Premium Subscriber
Ha! Thanks. This fixed me.

Radio has only been out of the box a couple hours. Really enjoying learning a new hobby.

nautlynch

Yeah, that worked.

Is there any way to get this to alert when it encounters a highway patrol frequency like BearTracker? I don't know how effective BearTracker is but, like ineffective radar detectors, it may remind me to pay attention to my speed at least.

nautlynch

I got your message in my email. Is it not possible to plug a VRE mobile repeater frequency into a channel that will alert?

I read this about the scanner at scannerworld.com:
Beep Alert - This function allows the user to program any channel with an alert that will let the user know that a transmission has come in on a designated channel. This function can be programmed in up to all 1000 channels if desired.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.