BC346xt Firmware Update Trouble

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hotroddn19

Hello,
I am totally lost on what the problem is. Getting the error message "This scanner is not the object for bc346xt"

I have a laptop with Vista 32 bit. I AM using a serial port adapter, because Uniden is still in the stone age, and sent me a serial cable with my BC346xt.

I have followed the instructions to a T. I have run the program in compatiblity mode Win XP Service pack 2, Win 2000, etc. No Luck.

Batteries are out, pressing L/O and 6 putting power to it, it lights up.
Any suggestions?

I really dont have access to an older pc.

I guess I shoulda ordered the BC346xt accessory pack, which includes : a desktop Gateway, 386MHz, 32MB of RAM, and the 14.1" 256 color High Resolution Screen, Windows 3.1. and the serial port!

Thanks,
Andrew

Hotroddn19

Fixed!

After about 200 attempts, finally got it to update! I changed ALOT of settings. Compatability mode under the properties menu, Win 98/ME, seemed to do the trick, along with shutting down alot of software. Don't know exactly what combination worked, but I'm happy it did!

Andrew

torontokris

Premium Subscriber
Glad you got it working
Just try and keep whatever settings you have now

Also for others with this problem maybe try and connect via software first to sort out the problems, rather then a firmware update. As the software can give you more detailed info (or even in terms of ARC do a "find my scanner") and set that up first (to verify its working) before the firmware update

The firmware update is either a worked or didnt work.

Status
Not open for further replies.