BC346XT & Frustrated

Status
Not open for further replies.

heliflyer3

Premium Subscriber
Hi all,

As you can see total noob here...been lookin' around and the site is packed full of info !!!

Anyway's...Just got my scanner BC346XT, got it talking to the PC w/o a hitch, freescan see's the scanner no problem. I'm is St Clair Shores, Macomb County, MI. I have tried numerous times to import both conventional & Trunked Police, Fire, EMS for my location and freescan gives me the green check mark for sucess....but....I dont hear any talk, mic breaks etc etc....I have went through the wiki, the easeir to read manual, the freescan help and I think I have all the proper settings but yet alll I get is ID Search - no Freq's - and no radio traffic.

Can anyone help me out please?

Thanks

N8IAA

Doing a quick search of the RR database for Macomb County, MI, the 346 will not trunktrack the MI state system which is P-25 digital. Your county subscribes to this system. You will need to get a 396XT to monitor your county.
Larry

rwier

Hi all,

As you can see total noob here...been lookin' around and the site is packed full of info !!!

Anyway's...Just got my scanner BC346XT, got it talking to the PC w/o a hitch, freescan see's the scanner no problem. I'm is St Clair Shores, Macomb County, MI. I have tried numerous times to import both conventional & Trunked Police, Fire, EMS for my location and freescan gives me the green check mark for sucess....but....I dont hear any talk, mic breaks etc etc....I have went through the wiki, the easeir to read manual, the freescan help and I think I have all the proper settings but yet alll I get is ID Search - no Freq's - and no radio traffic.

Can anyone help me out please?

Thanks

I'm far away so am not the best to answer, but I found this:

http://forums.radioreference.com/images/attach/jpg.gif

That took me to:

http://forums.radioreference.com/images/attach/jpg.gif

This is part of Michigan Public Safety Communications System (MPSCS) Trunking System, Statewide, Multi-State - Scanner Frequencies

This is about the most complex P-25 System I have ever seen. I don't believe your scanner can receive this P-25 System. Someone in your area will say for sure. Rob Also, my attachments are not showing correctly, sorry.

Attachments

• Macomb.jpg
    Macomb.jpg
    28.5 KB · Views: 294
  • Macomb2.jpg
    Macomb2.jpg
    16.1 KB · Views: 279
Last edited:
Well then...it looks like I'm gonna make the wife pretty mad when I buy the 396XT !!! Thanks for the quick reply's guys.
Hi there I live in Macomb County also in Chesterfield,MI. Macomb County is pretty much all digital. Also Michigan is pretty much turning into an all digital state. There is still analog such as Southfield Police and fire.

There is SERESA which you will find St.Clair Shores PD, Roseville, and Eastpointe PD along with SERESA Fire. (South East Regional Emergency Service Authority). I don't know much about the 396XT, but if you get the PRO 106 I'm pretty familiar with it. Lets us know when you are up and running.

rdale

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Premium Subscriber
Also Michigan is pretty much turning into an all digital state.

Well, if by "all digital" you mean all of the state has access to digital, that would be correct.A _very large_ majority of public safety comms are (and will be a for a VERY long time) in analog.

Well, if by "all digital" you mean all of the state has access to digital, that would be correct.A _very large_ majority of public safety comms are (and will be a for a VERY long time) in analog.
Yes that is exactly what I was trying to say. Thats for sure they will be.

Status
Not open for further replies.