BC346XT Help needed!

Status
Not open for further replies.

OneJohn

Premium Subscriber
I've had scanners for 45 years. I purchased a Uniden BC346XT, and I don't understand anything about it. I am completly lost. I need someone that's willing to walk me thru programing it. I live in an area of 300,000 people and can't find anybody that knows how. I've called every radio shop in town. I don't want to give up yet.I think most of my problem is that I don't understand the language, ie; quick keys. I'm in hopeing someone will take the time to explain part of this to me so I can do this. Thank you.

Keith_W7KEW

I've had scanners for 45 years. I purchased a Uniden BC346XT, and I don't understand anything about it. I am completly lost. I need someone that's willing to walk me thru programing it. I live in an area of 300,000 people and can't find anybody that knows how. I've called every radio shop in town. I don't want to give up yet.I think most of my problem is that I don't understand the language, ie; quick keys. I'm in hopeing someone will take the time to explain part of this to me so I can do this. Thank you.

Do you have a computer with a serial port? Or can you buy a USB to Serial converter or the Uniden USB cable for the radio? You can obtain Freescan Uniden radio scanner programmer for Windows on the Internet and buy a subscription here on radio reference to program your radio in a few minutes.

If you can't do that, go to your state forum here on Radio Reference forum and ask someone if they can help you out.

questnz

Last edited:

N8IAA

OneJohn, if you let us know what you are expecting to monitor with the 346XT, we can help better. In one of your other posts, you state that you are on the AL/GA border. Let us know:)
Larry

OneJohn

Premium Subscriber
BC346XT

Larry, I live in Russell County, (Phenix City) Right across the river from Columbus Ga. I would like to monitor Phenix City, Russell County,Al Lee County, Al Al State Troopers, And Columbus Ga. Columbus is on 800 mhz but is not digital. It is trunking. That's part of what I don't understand. Thanks to everyone for helping me. I'll try by doing what has been suggested. Again thank you

N8IAA

Larry, I live in Russell County, (Phenix City) Right across the river from Columbus Ga. I would like to monitor Phenix City, Russell County,Al Lee County, Al Al State Troopers, And Columbus Ga. Columbus is on 800 mhz but is not digital. It is trunking. That's part of what I don't understand. Thanks to everyone for helping me. I'll try by doing what has been suggested. Again thank you

You will be able to listen to what you want in AL, for now. They are building out a new statewide Phase II, P-25 system. Columbus, GA is on an analog/digital trunked system. Columbus PD and FD have digital TGID's for their main dispatch.
When you check in the RR database and look at the Muskogee county trunk system, the 'D' next to the TGID means digital.
HTH,
Larry

OneJohn

Premium Subscriber
Many thanks to you all. I've ordered a usb cable and when it arrives I'm ready to give it a try. These new radio's have so many features, and are really nice. I'm just not a tech guy. I'm sure glad you guys are!!!!! I'll be back after I get the usb and let you know hopefully that I'm up and running!!!! Thank you all!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.