BC346XT Locking out Groups????

Status
Not open for further replies.

KK6KLU

After I load up multiple systems from FreeScan, some systems show being locked out on the scanner. This is displayed by an asterisk where the system number should be.

I have the same issue with some groups within systems.

I do not have them locked out on FreeScan before I upload them.

Once uploaded, I go through the scanner menu system and none of the systems /groups which are indicated as locked out by the asterisk are actually locked out. But the asterisk remains.

Am I missing something?

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
* does not indicate lock-out (avoid). It indicates that the QK has some system assigned, but is currently disabled.

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
An asterisk means that the entity has been allocated but not enabled. Depending on what you are working with there are a couple of remedies for this.

At the system level, you need to use the System Quick Key manager to active/enable the system.

At the group level, you need to make sure that there's a check mark in each of the groups listed in either the Conventional Systems form (if it's conventional ) or the Trunked System Setup form (if it's trunked). Normally FS leaves everything always checked, but if you change it, you will need to modify it to fit your needs.

This article from the user guide will help, I think...

Freescan and Quick Key Processing - The RadioReference Wiki

The bottom line is this - if there's no check mark in the desired QK, it's not enabled

Mike

Last edited:

KK6KLU

Operator Error!!!

Thank you gentlemen, as usual it was operator error. It was as you said, I did not have all of the quick enable boxes checked correctly in Freescan.

I going back into the menus and learn the manual assignment of the quick keys. Maybe if had been more familiar, I would have recognized what was going on.

Thank you both for your quick replies. I really have learned something today!

-Bill

Status
Not open for further replies.