BC346XT Need Help!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

goofy585

Premium Subscriber
Hello there. Im new to trunk scanners. I need advice from y'all on setting up this scanner for my area. I know there is free software to download to program it to make it easier for me. But not sure where to look. So basically I'm asking for any one who has experience with this type of scanner to tell me any tips and tricks to make it easier for me to program it. Or if its difficult to program on the scanner itself with out the need for the software. Don't care if its difficult I just want to be able to use it.
Thanks in advance
chris

W8RMH

Feed Provider Since 2012
Last edited:

goofy585

Premium Subscriber
Thank you so much. Just what I was looking for. I was reading up on the county I live in. And unfortunately it looks as though I will not be able to listen to the PD in my county as they are on the EDACS ProVoice system. But I should be able to pick up the rest of the channels though. Thanks again for the reply. And Tips you can think of for me before I embark on this timely adventure?

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
Thank you so much. Just what I was looking for. I was reading up on the county I live in. And unfortunately it looks as though I will not be able to listen to the PD in my county as they are on the EDACS ProVoice system. But I should be able to pick up the rest of the channels though. Thanks again for the reply. And Tips you can think of for me before I embark on this timely adventure?
Also take a look at Program your DMA Scanner - The RadioReference Wiki.
And Uniden DMA FAQ - The RadioReference Wiki

On the Easier to Read Manual page that W8RMH suggested above is a link to worksheets, which may help you plan out how you'd like to program your scanner.

While you can program the scanner directly through the keypad, you can do it much more quickly using software, especially when it comes to entering text tags. Since you are a Premium Subscriber, you can import your systems and channels of interest from the database into the software very easily. Software also has the advantage, for someone new to scanners, or new to a specific type of programming (in this case, the Dynamic Memory used by Uniden) of allowing you to see most, if not all, of the information at one time. That makes it much easier to spot and correct simple errors and omissions made during data entry, rather than try to find them by stepping through multiple menu screens on the scanner itself.

FreeSCAN works well for your scanner (the download link is here), and it's User Guide is hosted in the Wiki.

ARC-XT and ProScan are also software choices. See Uniden DMA Software Support - The RadioReference Wiki.

You will need to connect your scanner to the pc to use any software. The cable that comes with the scanner is a serial cable. If your pc does not have a serial port, see Connecting scanners via USB - The RadioReference Wiki

goofy585

Premium Subscriber
THANK YOU!

I wanted to give you all an update on how its going. First off a BIG THANKS to everyone who replied. A lot of information you all have given me. I really appreciate it. I love the site. With out this site I would still be lost.
I would defiantly recommend programing the radio with freescan software. Its a HUGE help. And buying a pro version account is defiantly recommended. I love the radio and still finding new features with it every once and a while.

Thanks again to everyone whole helped me out.
Chris.

Status
Not open for further replies.