BC346XT Programming

Status
Not open for further replies.

kb1elv

Good Evening,

I just bought a Uniden BC346XT, and am wondering a few things in regards to programming it. The Massachusetts State Police primarily use a trunked system (which I have programmed in properly for my area), but they also use low band VHF for car to car and informal communications. Rather than assigning two system quick keys, one for the trunked system and one for the 4 or so low band simplex frequencies, can I somehow add the conventional low band as a group to the trunked system I have programmed? It appears to me that I am stuck assigning them to a system and can't combine modes (trunked or conventional) within programmed systems.

W6KRU

Good Evening,

I just bought a Uniden BC346XT, and am wondering a few things in regards to programming it. The Massachusetts State Police primarily use a trunked system (which I have programmed in properly for my area), but they also use low band VHF for car to car and informal communications. Rather than assigning two system quick keys, one for the trunked system and one for the 4 or so low band simplex frequencies, can I somehow add the conventional low band as a group to the trunked system I have programmed? It appears to me that I am stuck assigning them to a system and can't combine modes (trunked or conventional) within programmed systems.

Just cheat and put the trunk and the CONVs on the same quick key. :cool:

Junior08

Premium Subscriber
I have the Mass State Police trunk system assigned to one system quick key and the lowband frequencies assigned to a separate system quick key. The lowband system scans so quickly due to the limited channels you won't even know it's there!

kb1elv

Thank you gentlemen for the quick responses! I have since created a quick key for the low band, it does just move quick.

-Chris

Status
Not open for further replies.