Bc346xt quesstions

Status
Not open for further replies.
1-I have programmed several conventional vhf and uhf frequencies to get started. When these 14 or 15 channels are scanning, I hardly hear anything. Once in a while it will stop on an active frequency, but generally, it just scans. I am beginning to wonder if I did something wrong or if there was something else I needed to do. Any help?

2-I would like to purchase ARC XT but don't know how the basic vs pro differentiate from one another. Is the cd or download version easier to work with or should I skip the purchase and go with the FREESCAN?
What is the correct site for FREESCAN?

I have the 246 also which i programmed by hand but wanted to try the software this time. I have doing this for many years and really am not a great computer geek. Pretty good at google/yahoo/Blackberry/Radio Reference searching but I am certainly not an expert.

If you'd like to reach me off this thread, catch me on njfirebuff@aol.com I'll get back a.s.a.p.

Thanks in advance Kevin O'Brien 69c1
Monmouth County = 69
C = communications
1 = operator 1 (no longer 5)

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
It's hard to diagnose your issue without seeing the programming. It's possible there's something there, or perhaps it's an antenna issue. Keep in mind that the little duckie that comes with handhelds is a compromise at best - and for many ranges, a very poor one.

FreeScan is freeware - you lose nothing by trying it...

FreeSCAN - Sixspot Software

and by the way, it will work on the 246 as well (you will I suspect want at some point to dump your contents for backup purposes). ARC XT won't

Mike

Last edited:

kma371

QRT
I'd agree with the freescan program recommendation. It's easier to use.

Status
Not open for further replies.