BC346XT step sizes and discriminator tap

Status
Not open for further replies.

blueangel-eric

Feed Provider
I have a new BC346XT and am trying to get the correct step size for various railroad data freqs in 900mhz such as 928.24375 and 952.24375. My Pro97 does them. i bought this new radio for the better performance the specs say to see if i can pick those data signals up better but so far can't get the freq to stick with the direct on the radio or via the software. the software FreeScan lets me use the freqs but on the radio it's missing the 5. and i tried the bandplan thing and all. on the radio i can't find where to set the step sizes on a per channel basis like my BC785D. this is the first Uniden i have had since i got my BC785D.

also i need a discrimintaor tap for those data freqs as well. can't find any mods for this radio.

thanks

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
Personally if it were me, I'd tap the 785 - I'm sure that information is floating around the web somewhere....after all, doing a tap on the 346XT would void the warranty

73 Mike

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
The digit you are talking about represents 50 hz.50 Hz offset from the center of a transmission will not affect reception in any perceptible way.

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
To clarify, when you enter a frequency for a channel, the scanner automatically selects the step size that would achieve that frequency. If no valid step size would allow for the frequency, then the scanner selects the step size that would result in the closest frequency to the one you entered.

The older scanners required you to figure all that out.

blueangel-eric

Feed Provider
Personally if it were me, I'd tap the 785 - I'm sure that information is floating around the web somewhere....after all, doing a tap on the 346XT would void the warranty

73 Mike

the 785 stays at home for a dedicated base scanner, plus no room in car anyhow, and i got the new handheld for portability for use in the car. I bring my laptop with me and when i watch trains i can see the tracks and signals on the computer and know when they're coming or going. or if going portable, a hike up a hilltop i can take it with me. on another list someone says that it takes the freqs but just dont' show the 5th digit.

blueangel-eric

Feed Provider
anyone know how to do a discriminator tap on one yet? i googled again but still can't find nothing. i'm quite surprised considering the radios been around for awhile.

Status
Not open for further replies.