BC346XT UNIDEN TRUNKTRACKER Manufacturer refurbished)

Status
Not open for further replies.
When I buy a scanner on Ebay, I always choose one where the seller will take the time to photograph the actual scanner that is for sale. And at least one photo should show the scanner display and backlight on.

MarkWestin

At the moment, Scanner Master is selling the BC346XT for $199.95 with free ground shipping. It is up to you if you want to pay the lowest possible price for a refurbished unit with a short (90 days I think) warranty or pay a little more for a new unit from a known vendor with a factory warranty. (usually 1 year). In my opinion for the small difference in price, I would go for the new unit.

Mark

Tracker

MarkWestin, do you have a link to the 1 your referring too.?
Yeah, am a little up in the air over a refurbished product, but fyi they advertise a 1 year warranty

captclint

Mentor
https://www.scannermaster.com/Uniden_Bearcat_BC346XT_Police_Scanner_p/10-501357.htm As a reliability engr, I can tell you most of the issues with electronics show up in 3-6 months, or less. They call that "infant mortality". Yes, there are still issues that come up after that, but are less frequent. However, I would be wary of anyone promising 1 yrs on a refurb. The Ebay seller is not the one who will back it, and Uniden only has 90 Days as stated above.

Last edited:

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
Primary difference is that 396XT supports P25 and 346XT does not (but there are a few other differences, too).

Status
Not open for further replies.