bc350a receiver prob.

Status
Not open for further replies.

coulterman17

I have a uniden bc350a scanner that has a receiver problem. It works fine picking up uhf but it does nothing in the vhf range not even the weather freqs. I can program them in the private bank and nothing or I can use the search function still nothing. Has anyone else experienced this and if so does anyone know what might be causing this and possibly how to fix it? (hopefully something simple and easy) I opened the case and looked around to see if I could see anything obviously wrong with it but didn't. As I said uhf works perfect, there is some local uhf freqs. to monitor but most of my receiving needs are vhf.

any comments, questions, answers are appreciated! thanks

coulterman17

anyone?

anybody, anything, general ideas? The scanner was given to me, so I'm not out anything but would still like to fix it anyway possible. just throw out some thoughts or ideas to lead me in some sort of direction.
thanks!

ERICMYERS

the obvious question is what kind of antenna are you using, and have you tried a different antenna? Mine does not have that issue, but does have a wobbly squelch pot that i'm too lazy to fix. all i use this one for is weather anymore. It was a great radio in 1993 for the money..

coulterman17

thanks for the reply! good thought about the antenna, but as I posted earlier the uhf range works fine so its not the antenna. I have tried 4-5 different antennas. Everything about the scanner works except the vhf range.

blueangel-eric

Feed Provider
I just started a thread on this myself. Mine won't land on many signals if at all when scanning or searching but if i manually go to a freq it will receive fine. and on WX scan it sometimes stops on distant stations but the strongest one it omits. hmmm........ what a piece of junk. I rescued it from the trash.
http://www.radioreference.com/forums/showthread.php?t=117558
Eric Burris kc0ldt

Status
Not open for further replies.