BC355C Antenna question

Status
Not open for further replies.

NWI_Scanner_Guy

SCANNING THE AIRWAVES SINCE 1987
Mods, if you think this should be in the antenna section, pls move it. Thought it would get more views here in general scanner.

Was cleaning out a closet earlier today, and came across the box for my BC355C scanner. Opened it up to see if anything was inside, and found a "suction cup" antenna, for lack of a better term. Anyways, I was wondering, if I decide to use it in some capacity, which way do I run it? Vertical or horizontal? Or does it not matter either way? I'm think vertical since all my regular duckie antennas are vertical, but I just want to be sure.

Thanks in advance for any info provided.

:)

KevinC

Other
Super Moderator
Mods, if you think this should be in the antenna section, pls move it. Thought it would get more views here in general scanner.

Was cleaning out a closet earlier today, and came across the box for my BC355C scanner. Opened it up to see if anything was inside, and found a "suction cup" antenna, for lack of a better term. Anyways, I was wondering, if I decide to use it in some capacity, which way do I run it? Vertical or horizontal? Or does it not matter either way? I'm think vertical since all my regular duckie antennas are vertical, but I just want to be sure.

Thanks in advance for any info provided.

Vertical...but it will probably work just as bad mounted horizontal. :D

NWI_Scanner_Guy

SCANNING THE AIRWAVES SINCE 1987
Actually, it's turning out to be a better antenna than I thought it would be.

I'm in the process of moving, and right now I'm spending a couple of days at my new place and a couple of days at my old place. The only antennas I have at my new place right now are the duckies on my handhelds. Stopped by my old place this morning to get a few things and decided to take this suction cup antenna with me. Stuck it on a bedroom window, and it was pulling in signals the duckies weren't, so at least in that respect it's pretty good. However, I can't wait until I get moved in permantly and can get my antennas up in the attic.

Status
Not open for further replies.