BC355n - pre programmed channels

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darkstar350

The uniden bc355n is actually a 300 channel scanner...

It has 3 banks that you can program up to 100 custom frequencies into - "Private", "Fire/EMG" and "Air/Marine"

however there are also quite a few pre programmed channels in each bank(with the exception of the private bank) that are common frequencies for said services

from what i understand you can only lock out 100 of these pre programmed channels and i belive there are about 250 of them in the banks that have the pre programmed
its actually ok because quite a few of the pre programmed channels are things that i would want to hear anyway so less that i have to program although there still are quite a few pre programmed channels that i can do with out...

my question is does anyone know of a way to bypass this? in other words is there a way to lock out more than 100 of the pre programmed channels?

thank you

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
The uniden bc355n is actually a 300 channel scanner...

It has 3 banks that you can program up to 100 custom frequencies into - "Private", "Fire/EMG" and "Air/Marine"

however there are also quite a few pre programmed channels in each bank(with the exception of the private bank) that are common frequencies for said services

from what i understand you can only lock out 100 of these pre programmed channels and i belive there are about 250 of them in the banks that have the pre programmed
its actually ok because quite a few of the pre programmed channels are things that i would want to hear anyway so less that i have to program although there still are quite a few pre programmed channels that i can do with out...

my question is does anyone know of a way to bypass this? in other words is there a way to lock out more than 100 of the pre programmed channels?

thank you

If you know that you will never use some of those frequencies, just delete them.

Darkstar350

well that's kind of the problem..
you see there are around 250 factory programmed channels in the banks, and(Im pretty sure according to the owners manual) you can lock out 100 of them
I don't even think there is a way to out and out "delete" them

so lets say 100 of those pre programmed channels are things you want to hear
then there would still be 150 channels that you may not want to hear and you can only lock out 100 of them so then there still would be 50 channels you do not want to hear

my question is does anyone know of a way - if there is a way to get around this

Status
Not open for further replies.