Bc365crs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mav1118

Tried setting up scanner but it want pull up and frequencies with activity. How do I get it to pull up my local area.

elfaure

Upper right button for service search then one of the other 5 buttons is the type of service to search for (police,fire/ems,ham,air,wx) Once the search finds good frequencies for your area hold on them and write them down then program them into a bank. Then scan the bank.

Mav1118

I tried that but it isnt finding anything in my area. My cell app has activity. And I live like 1 mile from police dispatch.

Mav1118

10 years ago I had a Radio Shack scanner. Plug it in an it pulled up police,fire,ems, and cell phone conversations. I cant get anything on this peice of junk.

N8IAA

Last edited:

elfaure

Yup that scanner is only good for analog conventional scanning up to 512MHz. You will need a trunk tracker IV or V with APCO Project 25 Phase I capabilities for your area.

https://www.uniden.com/radio-scanners/digital-trunked

Fleet Farm - Farm, Pet, Auto, Clothing & Footwear At Great Prices

Mills Fleet Farm has BCD996XTs (discontinued but P25 Phase 1 capable) for $300 but these are a BEAR to program takes days not hours. In fact setting up a trunked system for scanning is not an easy task. Nothing like the clock radio.

Status
Not open for further replies.