BC370CRS Interference Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

pgde

Hi All:

Several months ago, you all helped a newbie (me) with a hum problem. I now have another, smaller problem.

My scanner is hooked up to an external antenna on my roof that I bought at Radio Shack. For the past several years I have had no problem interference. But, now, when I am listening to an aviation frequency (124.4), I am receiving an FM station (107.5) in the background. It sounds garbled. Any ideas how I can stop this? This started a month or two ago.

Thanks so much for your help and support!

P.

nanZor

An FM trap from Radio Shack #15-024 should help. Just attach to the back of the scanner between the antenna jack and your external cable. May need to use F-bnc adapters. The IN port faces the antenna, and the OUT faces the scanner.

There are much better quality FM trap filters out there, and some very good info in the airband and antennas subforums about filtering.

Fortunately, the RS FM trap works best high in the upper end of the FM broadcast band, and your overloading broadcaster is in the upper end so that helps.

If it does not, or does not completely solve the problem, a much better FM broadcast filter, like those from PAR, should be looked into.

Status
Not open for further replies.