BC396D I-call

Status
Not open for further replies.

ocguard

When scanning a trunked system, being sure to have the I-call setting "on" does the scanner have to be in ID SEARCH mode to capture I-Calls, or will they still come up in ID SCAN mode? Since I've completed my TGID list, I have been using ID SCAN in lieu of ID SEARCH and have noticed a significant decrease in I-Calls, Wasn't sure if it was a coincidence.

rdale

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Premium Subscriber
You need to add the 700000 I-Call wildcard if you are in ID SCAN mode.q

jerk

You need to add the 700000 I-Call wildcard if you are in ID SCAN mode.q

On some of the more busy systems, I just set one up with I-call only. The Ford Motor plant locally can have four or five going at the same time. (my best guess).

And I did the same for Columbus Ohio system.

bc780l

Premium Subscriber
If you have some specific ICall IDs you wish to listen to, you can treat them like regular talk groups by adding 700000 to the decimal radio ID. For example, if you know radio ID 5051 is one you wish to listen to when using ICall, program in 705051 in as a talk group (along with any of the regular talk groups), make sure ICall is turned on for your system, and go into ID Scan mode.

As soon as you change from ID Scan to ID Search, however, you'll get all the ICall traffic, and will already be displayed with the 700000 mask. That may help when you're trying to ID specific radios you wish to monitor.

UniTrunker will help you ID the radios using specific talk groups, too. Some systems have radio IDs clustered, some not at all--which makes specific ICall monitoring a bit difficult. Over time you'll get most of the IDs you might want in specific areas.

It works.

LordJ

Wow, this is something that I totally didn't realize until now. I assumed that I would get any and all I-call transmissions when it was 'on' and didn't realize that it wouldn't pick them up in ID Scan mode. Learn something new everyday I guess. Time to re-program some radios...

ocguard

When I DO receive ICalls, why is it that sometimes it shows both user IDs (such as 705010-703765) and other times it will only show one of them?

whacker

Here's a question:

I only monitor P25 in ID Search mode. I like to allow anything and everything that might pop up to be heard, as my area is not overly jammed with services. It's working out fine.

I haven't a clue if anyone is using I-Call, but would like to allow that. Other than enabling the I-Call feature in the settings area, what else do I need to do? It sounds like I need to manually add a TalkGroup, the so-called "wildcard". Is this correct, and should it be "700000" or does it need to be more specific?

Thanks for any help. Don't mean to hijack.

Status
Not open for further replies.