Bc396d

Status
Not open for further replies.

coloradomom

Mine is set at 3 right know ,i can hear the locals good,but 20 to 40 miles away i can not get nothing.
I do have a radio shack 800 mhz antenna

trace1

I've got mine on 3, but there may be not 'proper setting' it really may all depend on what you're monitoring, the distance from station/mobile unit etc., type of antenna (rubber ducky, inside or outside) and perhaps a few more things as well.

Just experiment and see what works best for you!

coloradomom

I listen to the P25 on local PD and SO ,and its a indoor scanner ...
Mybe i should try my Larson antenna or a discone

torontokris

Premium Subscriber
2-3 is works well
i also get static on one

however as noted above there is no PERFECT or RIGHT setting as if that was the case Uniden would make the radio only on that one setting.

testing and time will tell for your situtation (distance conventional channel etc) , but for me 2-3 works best

W2PMX

The proper setting for your scanner in your environment is to put the scanner on a conventional frequency and turn the squelch off (to the point that you hear static when there's no transmission on the frequency). Then turn it up enough to quiet the scanner. Too far and you'll miss weak signals, not far enough and you'll hear noise (and the scanner won't scan, it'll hold on that frequency). If your environment is noisy you have to turn it up more than the same scanner used in a less noisy environment. And the "proper" setting varies from one scanner to another of the same model.

Status
Not open for further replies.