BC396XT battery question

Status
Not open for further replies.

PAscannernut

I just got the BC396XT scanner and for the first 20 minutes or so I had installed alkaline batterys in the unit but didn't know about having the charge switch set to the correct setting. I did put the rechargeable batteries in and all seems fine. Does that mistake cause any problems with the scanner? Also, what external battery charger is recommended for the scanner? Thanks for the help.

Danny6569

396 xt

It shouldnt hurt anything as long as you didnt charge the alkalines too long, they probly just got a little warm, the worst thing that could have happened is if you left them in there too long then they probly would have blown up inside the battery comparment then you would have ran into some problems, i usually dont ever charge any batteries in my 396 xt, i always keep the switch on the alkaline setting and then i use the energizer 15 min charger to charge 3 at a time, and i have 3 sets of rechargeables so when one set goes dead i just use the other set, the reason i keep the setting on alkaline is that once in a while i will plug the scanner into my cars cigarette plug so i can save on using the battery use so much in case i wanna walk around with it so it dont go dead, and you can also change the internal charge time on the scanner itself if you ever wanna charge the batteries inside the scanner.

dracer777

Premium Subscriber
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7E18 Safari/528.16)

There are many threads on why you shouldn't charge the batteries in the scanner. And for your situation, the only action i would take are to not use the batteries that you tried to charge. But that is purely precautionary.

SCPD

QRT
The best charger on the market for AA batteries is the following Maha charger. I have been using it for several years and it has performed flawlessly. I would highly recommend it.

Attachments

• mhc9000.jpg
    mhc9000.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 428
Status
Not open for further replies.