Have a question. I use a external battery charger to chare up my batteries in my radio instead of charging them up inside of it. The only reason I do this is as it allows me to charge the batteries quicker than just plugging the radio in. By doing this I have a concern about the battery connectors in the radio. By constantly pulling the batteries out to charge them has anyone seen the connectors break? They look pretty strong and don't look like they will break eaisly but thought I would ask. What are your thoughts on this? I have also read that NIMH batteries prefer to be fast charged than slow charged anyway so who knows?