BC396XT battery terminals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flatshovel

Have a question. I use a external battery charger to chare up my batteries in my radio instead of charging them up inside of it. The only reason I do this is as it allows me to charge the batteries quicker than just plugging the radio in. By doing this I have a concern about the battery connectors in the radio. By constantly pulling the batteries out to charge them has anyone seen the connectors break? They look pretty strong and don't look like they will break eaisly but thought I would ask. What are your thoughts on this? I have also read that NIMH batteries prefer to be fast charged than slow charged anyway so who knows?

tampatracker

I have been pulling my batteries out for a year now and never had a problem with the terminals. They are still the same shape as when I got the radio. Hope this helps.

tampatracker

Same thing for me in my experience with the battery cover, it's always had a good grip and never even seemed like it was going to fall out.

Danny6569

teminals

ive been taking mine in and out for the past 30 years in lots of different scanners, as long as you take them out slowly and take youre time you should be fine, just dont rush it and the covers and the terminals in all my radios have been fine, i think the worst thing that could happen is that if one of the batteries ever blew up inside the scanner going bad, but thats a rare case too.

Flatshovel

Thanks for all the replys. I feel better about it already. When taking them out I use the old slow and easy approach. Tell you what the battery cover on the Uniden does feel a lot better than the GRE units. I had a GRE unit and did not like the way the radio felt in my hand, boy the Uniden looks and sounds a lot better and I am much more satisfied. I have always been a Uniden fan from the beginning.

Status
Not open for further replies.