BC396XT Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

joetnymedic

Feed Provider
OK,
so I tried searching and I can't find a thread and I tried doing this with both the ARCF software as well as Freescan. I know most people like to do control channel only monitoring, I however like to monitor all of the channels. Everytime I take the software off control channel only the radio reverts right back to it. So my question is, how do I program the radio to monitor all of the frequencies and get it out of control channel only mode?

Thanks,
Joe

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
That's true for P25 systems only, if memory serves. Mixed mode Moto systems you still have the option of whether you want to use it or not...best regards..Mike

W6KRU

You could always make a conventional system and put in all of the voice channels. I have done this for the occasions when the local system goes into Failsoft mode.

Last edited:

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
That's true for P25 systems only, if memory serves. Mixed mode Moto systems you still have the option of whether you want to use it or not...best regards..Mike

That is not correct.

Firstly, the Control Channel Only (C-CH Only) setting applies to Motorola systems, not P25 systems. P25 systems are always C-CH Only, there never was a setting to enable/disable them on the XT models.

Secondly, the C-CH Only option was completely removed from the XT scanners. All Motorola systems are now C-CH Only by default, that cannot be toggled on/off anymore. For the BC396XT, this change took place with firmware revision 1.07.00, which was released in May of 2009.

BCD396XTFirmwareUpdate < UnidenMan4 < TWiki

Status
Not open for further replies.