bc60xlt-1 not good enough for my area(NJ)?

Status
Not open for further replies.

eldo

i just obtained a bc60xlt-1 from my uncle. i have tried entering frequences but always get an error. i think it is because my town and nearby towns are all digital. i live in montville, nj. im not sure if i should have but this in the NJ section but can anyone confirm this?searching says yes but i would like to make sure. thanks.

Raven95150

Premium Subscriber
Are these frequencies 800mhz? If so, that's why you are getting the error. That scanner only covers up to 512mhz.

Raven95150

Premium Subscriber
Looks like the County is on a trunked system so you won't be able to listen to them with that scanner. The frequencies for Montville Township appear to be conventional UHF so you should be able to listen to them. Looks like the police dispatch uses APCO-25 digital so you won't be able to hear them, even though your scanner will pick up the frequency. To get everything in the county, you will need a digital scanner.

This question would be better off in the New Jersey forum, you would get better answers there. Maybe a moderator/admin could move it there.

Status
Not open for further replies.