BC72XLT Little Help Please

Status
Not open for further replies.

scott26

I just got my first scanner and have no idea how to use it I have read the manual and can not seem to get the local police station in my area. It is for Bakersfield Police Department the frequency on this sites says that it is 155.31000 how do I listen to that radio channel?

Thanks,

Scott

captclint

Mentor
I just got my first scanner and have no idea how to use it I have read the manual and can not seem to get the local police station in my area. It is for Bakersfield Police Department the frequency on this sites says that it is 155.31000 how do I listen to that radio channel?
Welcome to RR. The answer is on page 33.
"Press Hold. Then enter the channel number (1)
where you want to store a frequency, then press
Func and Pgm. The channel number appears.
2. Use the number keys and to enter 155.3100 (including the decimal point) you want
to store.
3. Press E to store the frequency into the channel"
When you press Scan, it will stop on Channel 1 when there is anything on 155.31.
Repeat this to enter other frequencies, only change the channel number to somethings else(2,3,4, etc).
Your scanner has 10 Channel banks, which contain 10 channels each. Once you get familiar with what you want to monitor, you will want to organize your frequencies by banks. I had you enter everything in bank 1. (channels 1-10) See page 32 and 47 ( Turning Channel-Storage Banks On and Off) for ideas.

Last edited:

scott26

Thanks, I was finally able to figure it out I wasn't hitting the program button after putting the frequency in. Got it working now.

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.