Bc72xlt?

Status
Not open for further replies.

superfire84

Anyone here own the uniden BC72XLT scanner? Is there a way I can save the freq's I program into the scanner when I turn the scanner off? When I turn it off and back on the freq I put in there is gone?

n2mdk

If you follow the instructions below and the frequencies aren't getting stored into memory, then something is wrong with the scanner

Into Channels
1. Press Hold. Then enter the channel number
where you want to store a frequency, then press
Func and Pgm. The channel number appears.

2. Use the number keys and to enter the
frequency (including the decimal point) you want
to store.

3. Press E to store the frequency into the channel.

superfire84

Thanks!

I'm going to end up returning the scanner. I't's not really working to my use. Wants a good handheld scanner to get? I do wildfire photography and I'm only expected to use a handheld when I go out to fires, so I'm not expected to use it every day.

n2mdk said:
If you follow the instructions below and the frequencies aren't getting stored into memory, then something is wrong with the scanner

Into Channels
1. Press Hold. Then enter the channel number
where you want to store a frequency, then press
Func and Pgm. The channel number appears.

2. Use the number keys and to enter the
frequency (including the decimal point) you want
to store.

3. Press E to store the frequency into the channel.

N8IAA

superfire84 said:
Thanks!

I'm going to end up returning the scanner. I't's not really working to my use. Wants a good handheld scanner to get? I do wildfire photography and I'm only expected to use a handheld when I go out to fires, so I'm not expected to use it every day.

You haven't given a location on where you are and who you need to monitor. Then, we can point you in the correct direction for what type of scanner to get.
Larry

superfire84

I live in southern california. The countys I need to scan is San Diego County, Riverside County and San Bernardino County. I need to monitor Cal Fire, USFS and BLM.

N8IAA said:
You haven't given a location on where you are and who you need to monitor. Then, we can point you in the correct direction for what type of scanner to get.
Larry

N8IAA

superfire84 said:
I live in southern california. The countys I need to scan is San Diego County, Riverside County and San Bernardino County. I need to monitor Cal Fire, USFS and BLM.

OK. What you need to sufficiently hear the systems mentioned, is, either the PSR-300(my recommendation), or the RS Pro-164(which is it's almost twin). San Diego county has gone digital, but some of the talkgoup ID's are analog. Riverside and San Bernadino are still conventional, as are Cal Fire, USFS, and the BLM. The best way to program the scanner is to download Win97 from http://www.starrsoft.com Win97 will program both of the radios.
With either the PSR300, or, Pro-164, a usb programming cable is neccessary. There is a Ham Radio Outlet in San Diego there website is: http://www.hamradio.com
They sell the PSR-300 and the programming cable.
You can alphatag the banks and the frequencies for easier identification of what you are monitoring. Plus, you can put in all the frequencies( both radios have 1000 memories) without having to reprogram for the different areas.
HTH,
Larry
I own an earlier version of the 300/164-the RS Pro-97

WayneH

Forums Veteran
Super Moderator
Moved to the Uniden forum.

For any questions specific to your locale, check out the California forum.

gledford54

I Live In N.c And Cannot Get Scanner Programmed

superfire84 said:
Anyone here own the uniden BC72XLT scanner? Is there a way I can save the freq's I program into the scanner when I turn the scanner off? When I turn it off and back on the freq I put in there is gone?

I AM HAVING A PROBLEM GETTING SCANNER FREQUENCIES PROGRAMMED, LIVE IN NC.
ANYONE HAVE A SOLUTION ?

n2mdk

gledford54 said:
I AM HAVING A PROBLEM GETTING SCANNER FREQUENCIES PROGRAMMED, LIVE IN NC.
ANYONE HAVE A SOLUTION ?

1. don't post using all caps

2. don't hyjack a thread start a new one.

3. supply enough info for others to help you
3a. what model scanner?
3b. where exactly do you live, county at least, locality even better.
3c. what do you want to listen to?

Highpockets

n2mdk said:
1. don't post using all caps

2. don't hyjack a thread start a new one.

3. supply enough info for others to help you
3a. what model scanner?
3b. where exactly do you live, county at least, locality even better.
3c. what do you want to listen to?

:D :D :D :D

gledford54

so sory for using all caps, didn't know it was such a big deal, i am new to this forum!
I live in McDowell County, NC

Status
Not open for further replies.