BC75XLT(Part2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chris516

It wants me to use Com Port 3, to read/write to/from Scanner/PC. It is listed in the Device Manager on Com Port 3. But when I try to read/write from/to the Scanner/PC. It says "No response from Scanner".

I have no problem getting local EMS calls.

wtp

what are you trying to program

the radio has no alpha tags, so it is just put in the frequency and you are done.
yes, computers are nice, but not necessary.

sallen07

Premium Subscriber
It wants me to use Com Port 3, to read/write to/from Scanner/PC. It is listed in the Device Manager on Com Port 3. But when I try to read/write from/to the Scanner/PC. It says "No response from Scanner".

I have no problem getting local EMS calls.

Two questions for you:

1) Did you install the driver for the scanner cable? if not, go here:

Uniden BC75XLT Scanner

In may cases the various scanner programming software will show you devices other than the scanner you are looking for; that may be what is going on here.

2) If you *did* install the driver, is your scanner on while you are trying to program it?

Chris516

the radio has no alpha tags, so it is just put in the frequency and you are done.
yes, computers are nice, but not necessary.
At first, that makes sense. As to actual necessity of doing it by computer, instead of by hand. But then, why would there be USB drivers for it.

Two questions for you:

1) Did you install the driver for the scanner cable? if not, go here:

Uniden BC75XLT Scanner

In may cases the various scanner programming software will show you devices other than the scanner you are looking for; that may be what is going on here.

2) If you *did* install the driver, is your scanner on while you are trying to program it?

1. Are you referring to the USB cable that came with the scanner, yes; If you are referring to the device driver, yes. It is listed both, in the Device Manager, and in 'Printers and Other Devices'.

2. Yes, The scanner is on, when I try to program it via the computer.

Chris516

IT FINALLY WORKED!!!!!!!

So as not to erase any pre-programmed frequencies. I read all the frequencies from the scanner, to the computer!!

Status
Not open for further replies.