BC75XLTs bleed audio via aux cable?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RedPenguin

This may have been an issue that was discussed before, but I wasn't sure at all how to search for it.

I have two BC75XLT's for some analog systems in my area. (Just added the second BC75XLT today).

I also have a BCT15 & BR330T.

They all feed in a scanner recording PC (seperate soundcards) and for some reason both bleed in to other soundcards or something.

The BCT15 & BR330T act as expected, record to their own soundcards.

Yet at times the first BC75XLT's audio is slightly in the BR330T's recordings. Faint but enough for the recording software to pick it up.

I tried adjusting the volume for the first BC75XLT and changed aux cables and it seemed like mostly went away.

Yet now the second BC75XLT seemed to bleed in to the audio of the first BC75XLT.

I don't understand what causes the 75's to have this issue but the 15 & 330 don't seem to have this audio bleed in to other cards.

Is it an issue with the fact that 75's are USB powered or is it something at the PC level?

RedPenguin

Nevermind, it appears I solved it.

I tried a 3.5mm ground loop isolator that I had and put it on the new 75 and that stops the bleedover to the old 75.

I tried my GLI before on old scanners but it must not work well for mono outputs even though I tried adapters as I remember that I got muffled audio out if it. With a 75, I get crystal clear audio.

Status
Not open for further replies.