BC769D + Oddcast + Talkgroup Monitor

Status
Not open for further replies.

echelon0911

New feed provider .. moved to RR after hosting it on our agency site for a decade or so. I'm trying to embed tags, but not finding good reference material here or elsewhere to assist.

I have a BC796D with serial and audio cable attached to a Windows server. Ran a streaming scanner with ARCPro for years remotely controlling the scanner so I know the serial port works when talking to the scanner.

I downloaded talkgroup monitor and serproxy, but I'm not sure how to configure the .CFG files to send the tags to the RR audio feed.

Suggestions/tips?

Thanks in advance.

NYRHKY94

Echelon:

You "might" want to try using Proscan to send tags for your BC796D. I'm doing that with one of my feeds and it works very well. All configuration is done right in Proscan with an automatic sign-in to the RR site. Proscan is free for a full 30-day trial. Just a thought.

echelon0911

Thanks Mike.

I saw ProScan as an option and I may pursue it, but want to consider the no-cost route if possible.

- Eric

NYRHKY94

Hi Eric:

If you still want to take the Oddcast/TGM plunge, I wrote a tutorial a while back on how to set this up (with screen shots). I would glad to e-mail that to you if you send me a Private Message here.

Just let me know,

Mike

keithmj

Saint Petersburg, Pinellas County, Florida
Question

Echelon:

You "might" want to try using Proscan to send tags for your BC796D. I'm doing that with one of my feeds and it works very well. All configuration is done right in Proscan with an automatic sign-in to the RR site. Proscan is free for a full 30-day trial. Just a thought.

Can you explain how you have Proscan setup to do this using the files provide by RR? I am using the Oddcast files that Radioreference sent me and could use the setup info for this if someone can PM me or send me an email..Thanks..Keithmj

NYRHKY94

Keith:

Your best bet is to review the information on the Proscan web site. There is a page there that shows how to set-up the RR feed within the Proscan software. It;s automated based on your RR user name & password.

ProScan

echelon0911

I spoke extensively with Mike off-line and decided to go with ProScan instead of Talkgroup Monitor and serproxy. As Mike suggests in his post, you enter your RR userid and password and ProScan pulls the streaming settings. You do have to dig into one config panel in the General menu to turn on alpha tagging, but once that's done, it's ready to go.

Another benefit of ProScan is the ability for me to remotely control my scanner through a GUI interface.

keithmj

Saint Petersburg, Pinellas County, Florida
Got it

Keith:

Your best bet is to review the information on the Proscan web site. There is a page there that shows how to set-up the RR feed within the Proscan software. It;s automated based on your RR user name & password.

ProScan

Got it figured out..Can someone check it? Pinellas County, Florida, Fire/EMS

Also if I want to use Proscan for my other feeds I figure that I have to install another Proscan. Am I correct? Thanks..Keithmj

Status
Not open for further replies.