BC780 Hold does not work if freq or chan scan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Glen_at_OES

The HOLD function works on trunked ID entries during scan but does not work when a non-trunked base frequency channel is scanned. (Same during search mode.) How can I get HOLD working on both trunked and non-trunked entries during Scan or Search?

Bank-1: 4 primary and 5 secondary trunked frequencies (Trunk=ON); 21 entries in trunk ID list, Motorola Type II-800 MHZ, C-C=OFF.

Bank-2: 16 base frequencies/tags entered (151-156 MHz range, Trunk=OFF).

You can see the scan (or search) progressing through both Banks, stopping on traffic for 2 sec - then continuing. I can see tags and hear traffic from both Pri and Sec trunked freqs, and traffic from the Bank-2 non-trunked entries. Hitting the HOLD button on Bank-1 trunked entries works but does not work on traffic from Bank-2 (the non-trunked entries).

Glen_at_OES

Thank you for the reply Joey. Good to know that I did not miss in the system's setup. I'll relay the info to the operators - to use the MAN button instead of the HOLD button on those multi-bank scans. The trunked entries on Bank-1 will be the main focus (90% of the activity) anyway, so they will still be able to use the HOLD button most of the time (after de-selecting the other banks).

Status
Not open for further replies.