BC780 vs 785D vs 796 RF performance?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Progline

Premium Subscriber
Trunking capabilites aside, how does the RF performance of these three later Uniden scanners compare?

I don't need the trunking capability, per se, so which of the three is the better RADIO, espeically with regard to handling intermod etc when using gain antennas in urban areas? Are they as good as my Pro-2005, or as mediocre as my 760xlt?

Opinions, anyone?

trunker0205

780 is great scanner I had one and loved it hardly no intermod at all...The only thing you may want to consider is this rebanding thing,although ou area has little or no trunked frequencies but that may change...

n4voxgill

Silent Key
I still use my 2004 and 2006 on a daily basis. Never found anything better for non-trunked use. I also think the BC895 is a great reciever and I am holding on to that one also.

Progline

Premium Subscriber
I am in need of the CTCSS function due to co-channel interference, and the alpha tags as well, so the 780/785/796 look appealing. Rebanding is not an issue, as I don't monitor trunked systems....well, maybe the local EDACS system, but that wont be affected by rebanding, from what i've been told.

Freqed

I'm just a listener
Premium Subscriber
I recently ran a 796 and a 996 side by side on a road trip and the 996T outdid the 796 on all lowband transmissions. There were so many missed Com's by the 796, I thought it was dead. But I believe that everyone has rated the 780 as the best radio of the three you mentioned.

Status
Not open for further replies.