BC780XLT menu screen

Status
Not open for further replies.

dcraw777

Village Idiot here,
I have a BC 780XLT that I pulled out of the garage. It tracks great but I can't get the menu screen to come up after pushing the button there is no beep and it keeps on scanning. Same with L/O, it won't lockout channels. Any suggestions?
Thanks in advance.
Dave
CPO USN(ret)

kayi4cle

Premium Subscriber
I have a 780, but I could not figure out a solution after playing around with it. Here is the Radio Reference Wiki with a link to the manual. I’m hoping you can find some helpful clue in the manual (maybe one of the special features became activated or something?):

BC780XLT - The RadioReference Wiki

And I also found this on Strong Signals, and noticed that at the very bottom there are instructions on how to do a factory reset. Please be aware that this erases the memory contents! Here are the instructions and the link:

Hold down the following key combinations while turning on the BC780XLT:

2, 9 & MAN

Strong Signals - BC780XLT FAQ

I don’t know if a reset would help or make matters worse. Please let us know if you are able to fix your radio, and how you did it. Good luck!!

dcraw777

Thanks for the links, The manual doesn't cover this issue. I'm going to hold off on the factory reset for a while because I'm not to quick on the reprogramming. It's scanning fine and covering all of the channels so I think I'll keep it as is for a while.

Thanks again for the reply.

KE4ZNR

Radio Geek
Premium Subscriber
Thanks for the links, The manual doesn't cover this issue. I'm going to hold off on the factory reset for a while because I'm not to quick on the reprogramming. It's scanning fine and covering all of the channels so I think I'll keep it as is for a while.

Thanks again for the reply.

Glad it is still working for you :)
I wish I had kept my 780 for VHF & UHF conventional activity.
If you fill in your general location on your forums profile you might find others in your area that can help you make sure you are covered as far as programming in the future.
Happy Monitoring!
Marshall KE4ZNR

Skypilot007

Premium Subscriber
Are the buttons visibly worn out? Perhaps the push buttons are used up and not making contact to activate the function. It happens.

dcraw777

Thanks to all for the replies. I don't know how or why but I just pushed menu and the menu appeared. It's been on 24/7 since the first post so....who knows.
Thanks again for the ideas.
Dave
Lenawee Co, MI/Fulton Co, OH

Status
Not open for further replies.