BC780xlt Moto type II problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

mdsxfire

EDBM
Still use my bc780xlt for conventional channels and to receive my state police moto type 2 800 system. Recently it stopped landing/decoding the control channel, while watching the scanner is see it slightly pause on the channel number the CC is programmed on but it doesn’t hold and scan the system. If I take the scanner out of trunk mode and scan it stops on the CC and I hear the data, also manually scrolling through the channels I hear the cars going back and forth. It is hooked to an aerial antenna and has full signal it just seems to have stopped decoding the CC for some reason

BC_Scan

say there is ten freqs per the one sytem you are trying to hear are they all in trunk mode. Have you tried neighbouring sites ?
I would read the scanner from however you programmed it and see if there is anything missing , what about the channel map , is that a possible issue? my 3x780 still going strong, Im at a loss as to why , what about an adjacent bleed over from say if control is 851.1125 and there is co channel in another mode nulling out you control chanel. You will have to play around some more to see, just my guess.

n1chu

Premium Subscriber
Still use my bc780xlt for conventional channels and to receive my state police moto type 2 800 system. Recently it stopped landing/decoding the control channel, while watching the scanner is see it slightly pause on the channel number the CC is programmed on but it doesn’t hold and scan the system. If I take the scanner out of trunk mode and scan it stops on the CC and I hear the data, also manually scrolling through the channels I hear the cars going back and forth. It is hooked to an aerial antenna and has full signal it just seems to have stopped decoding the CC for some reason
The system’s parameters may have changed slightly. Try reloading the system with the latest RR updates and see if that solves your problem. It’s the first thing I try. I’m not much on keeping up with each weeks updates and don’t get notices when something changes. I should be more diligent but instead I go after updates when I notice something is wrong. It’s good that you still hear, just not tracking.

Status
Not open for further replies.