BC785D and control channel monitering - help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

viper02

I have tried and tried to understand how to program my 785D to do control channel monitoring using the manual, but it just plain old does not compute. Trying to monitor the SAFE-T system here in Dekalb County (Auburn).

Can anyone help?

Thanks!

MB

JStemann

Premium Subscriber
It's been a while but I'll give it a shot. You do have a digital card installed, right?
BY FAR, the easiest way is to download a software program (like Butel's Arc250), import what you want right from this website.
If you're doing this by hand then give this a shot. Program the frequency(red & blue) from the database just like you would for a conventional. Set the system as a motorola type 2. set id to search(this saves you from having to program in all the talkgroups).
I am probably missing some steps here, I use ARC250 to do all my programming. Couple other things, you can put non-trunked freqs in the same bank as the Safe-T freq. you will just have to put the safe-t freq last. You can't put any other trunked systems in with the safe-t system. If it's working, when scanning you'll see the signal strength bars pop up when it "hears" the control channel. Scanning will pause on the cc to listen for anyone talking.

hope this helps,

jeff.

JoeyC

With that scanner, make sure you have the bank setting correct.
MENU 2 2 - scroll to bank in question - E 1 1 1

then rotate the VFO counterclockwise 2 notches to :CNTRL CH ONLY - E - then pick the correct plan (from the manual) based on all the frequencies in one site.

Status
Not open for further replies.