Bc785d - Broward County, Fl help

Status
Not open for further replies.

watchdoggg

trying to program the Broward County Mot II smartzone. here is the link http://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?sid=212
I have entered all the freqs in order as a type II uhf and am not recieving anything. I think I need to enter the base, spacing and offset for the system. it appears that 50 is the spacing, how can I tell the base and offset. also, do I have to program all the talkgroups or can i just scan and lockout what I don't want. thanks

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
The link shown is a standard 800 mhz system, not a UHF system. You will not need base/spacing/offset. Yes, you can program all the talkgroups you want to hear, and hear only them, or scan and lockout what you don't need. But be aware there is a limit to the number of talkgroups you can lock out. See your manual for that.

I've send a request to have this moved to the Florida forum. Ask more questions about the system there. Nothing like having locals answer a local question

73 Mike

Last edited:

DJ88

Program it as Type2 800. You only have to program the frequencies and talk groups for an 800 system.

do I have to program all the talkgroups or can i just scan and lockout what I don't want.

You can do it either way. If you program just the talk groups you want to listen to, the scanner needs to be in ID SCAN mode. If you want to scan all of them and lock out the ones you don't want to listen to, you need to put it in ID SEARCH mode.

Status
Not open for further replies.