BC785D P25 Decoding Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

W1CRN

Premium Subscriber
I have had my BC785d for about 12 years. I am the one and only owner of it. I turned it on lastnight as I do every night and i was recieving P25 but there was no audio. I get audio with analog signals but not P25. Any Ideas what could be causing this?

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
There is far and away too little information here to even begin a diagnosis. What system(s) are impacted? Do you have all the control channels (primary and alternate) programmed for the system you are having issues with? What about rebanding? Did you insure that the P25 card didn't come loose (a common problem with this radio, from what I understand)?

More information needed...Mike

W1CRN

Premium Subscriber
I have the control channels in there. the card is not loose. I checked that first. I am monitering CT State Police. I know i am not going to get all of the transmistions as they are rebanded but if i listen to them not in the system it shows P25 on the display but nothing is being heard. I can't get the TSA P25 channels that i use to. Glastonbury PD witch is not trucked but p25 i don't get anymore also. so i am hoping its something easy, don't want to drop $500 on a new scanner.

h8tdigitalradio

Feed Provider
Did you try adjusting the P25 Decode Rate? While on a Trunked P25 Voice Channel, Press Trunk, then HOLD #9. A screen will appear with settings and decode error rate. Use scroll knob to adjust error rate as close to 0 as possible. The error rate only shows while a P25 Transmission is active.

HTHs

Dave L.

N8IAA

Type of antenna, indoor or outdoor? Age/type of coax? Output power of frequencies might have changed. Connector going bad. Any number of things can cause loss of signal. Even the DSP decoder in the scanner may be going bad.
HTH,
Larry

W1CRN

Premium Subscriber
N8IAA
I am using a WBD-40 discone antenna with about 20 feet of new (about 6 weeks ago) RG6 coax.
h8tdigitalradio
Yes I did that and nothing worked.

W1CRN

Premium Subscriber
ok today the scanner seems to be working just fine. I know that i am not going to get all of the CT state police because of the rebanding. But i am picking up all the other non-trunked freqs just fine. I cleaned out the card slot and it works great. Thank to all.(please delete this post)

Status
Not open for further replies.