BC785D Reband

Status
Not open for further replies.

N2KMB

B11D
Feed Provider
Hello Guys Im Wondering what makes the 785D useless with rebanded systems i have the NJSP system in it which is rebanded and its tracking it just like my RS Pro-164

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
On systems where the new channels fall on the old Nextel spacings, the scanner will not have the correct band plan table required to accurately tune to the voice channel when a channel grant is received. There are some systems where all channels that move down land on commonly allocated channels.

N2KMB

B11D
Feed Provider
is there a list of systems that land on commonly allocated channels because i wonder if NJSP did because did my 785D is sync with my 164 which can trunk rebanded systems and i seen to have no problems with it so maybe i lucked out

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
In general, if all freqs have a '5' in the 4th decimal position, you should be OK...it's when one or more of the freqs have a '0' that can cause you to miss a conversation if it happens to land on that channel..Mike

rpersin

from what ive been reading rebanding has no effect on p25 systems so that is why your scanner is working. just go to radioreference and get the new frequencys.

N2KMB

B11D
Feed Provider
i dont have the card for the 785D cause where i live there is no P25 systems

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
from what ive been reading rebanding has no effect on p25 systems so that is why your scanner is working. just go to radioreference and get the new frequencys.
While that is true for later model digital scanners, it is not correct for the 785D (one with the digital card) or the BC250D (the handheld, also presuming a working digital card is installed; I have a 250D). These scanners are unable to trunk track the 9600 baud control channel used by a pure Project 25 system (in other words, a Phase I, FDMA system).

They will work on the mixed mode Motorola Type II systems, where some (or all) of the talkgroups are digital, but the control channel is still a 3600 baud data stream, the same as an analog only Motorola Type II system. However, should the system reband, and some, or all, of the system frequencies have a zero in the fourth decimal place, then the 250D & 785D would not be able to correctly track the system, regardless of whether the system uses analog, digital, or a mixture of both, talkgroups.

Status
Not open for further replies.