BC785d with card/ Toronto - ARC250PRO

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikejonessmith

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
BC785d with card/ Toronto - ARC250PRO

I would like to use my scanner again in Toronto / Canada

BUTEL PRO software with the BC785d with card.

I have not used this unit for some time YEARS 20+ ... I have read a bit about truck tracking ... dont need it ... just want to get as much as I can with what I have

I have checked what I remember as a search for yapoo groups..found na da.... now look for some help here to some links ..... for DIRECT ... download created ARC250PRO ... I purchased own ....files to load onto my scanner.... easy!!

I have checked some areas at this site $$$$ however I don't believe the information is formated for what I need.

*** Can someone direct me to some sites that will have the files I need for Toronto-Butel load files.

to contact me add geemail to username;

Last edited:

mikejonessmith

Banned
Arc250

Wow ...it's free... but no city of TORONTO/ CANADA

In ARC250 click 'Internet' in the main menu, then select either conventional or trunk import.

Then enter your username/password , connect to the database and select State, County system etc. Then use the import button to copy the data to the main grid.
To upload press F6.

Last edited:

torontokris

Premium Subscriber
the 2 best options are
1) importing from RR then formatting the data in ARC (change the groups etc to your liking)
2) ask on yahoo groups or check the files section in ScanOnt

Other then that there isn't much better sources for frequencies

mikejonessmith

Banned
thanks bro man... I was hoping for a file exchange... because I am not sure the off set... blah blah...

thanks for your comment ... I would like to get this junk talking to me ... but oh well.. I'll keep searching....

cheers....

Last edited:

W6KRU

I'm not sure what the problem is. I looked and there are a load of conventional frequencies listed for Toronto PD in the database on this site. You can cut and paste the frequencies into the ARC software.

tonsoffun

Senior Moderator
Premium Subscriber

Butelsoftware

Database Admin
Wow ...it's free... but no city of TORONTO/ CANADA

In ARC250 click 'Internet' in the main menu, then select either conventional or trunk import.

Then enter your username/password , connect to the database and select State, County system etc. Then use the import button to copy the data to the main grid.
To upload press F6.

You must set the country to Canada, open the trunk import screen and then select Canada. This setting will then also be used by the conv. import.

Gommert
www.butelsoftware.com

K

kb0nly

I don't think the 785D is that old is it?? I just bought mine in the spring of 2008, brand new in the box.

Correct me if i am wrong, but the BC785D came out in 2003 if my info is right.

Last edited:

FmrNYkr

Premium Subscriber
Bc785d

Bought a new one in 2003, so I don't think it's a 20 year old unit. I don't think the technology was available 20 years ago. I could be wrong about that.

It takes the APCO P-25 card as an optional item and I'm wondering if a use P=25 card is a worthwhile investment.

Bob

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
If you're in the US, probably not. Rebanding will make this scanner pretty much useless on Motorola systems that reband (it will still work - without the card - on EDACS systems that reband, however). If I were looking to upgrade, I would consider whether the radio can be rebanded without hassles to be something I'd consider.

Besides, that optional card is a bear to find. 73 Mike

FmrNYkr

Premium Subscriber
P-25 Card Or Bc785d

If you're in the US, probably not. Rebanding will make this scanner pretty much useless on Motorola systems that reband (it will still work - without the card - on EDACS systems that reband, however). If I were looking to upgrade, I would consider whether the radio can be rebanded without hassles to be something I'd consider.

Besides, that optional card is a bear to find. 73 Mike

Mike,

Thanks for the input.

I'm thinking about the 396XT as an upgrade and portability, for purchase in the spring. I think it should be available by then.

The 785 serves my needs for aircraft and CHP monitoring.

Bob

Status
Not open for further replies.