Bc785d

Status
Not open for further replies.
i'm programing this scanner for a police friend and its all done but will not decode p25 systems it does have the card i did remove and re plug the card back in so i did the programing with software just can't seem to get it working on lake county ohio and ohio marcs system?????

JStemann

Premium Subscriber
The 785 will only trunk track with a 3600 baud control channel. The Marcs system is 9600 baud. Looking at the database, it looks like the Lake county system has been rebanded. My understanding is that the 785 is not supported for rebanded systems.

A "solution" you can try is programming all voice channels(no control channels) for the site closest to you as conventional channels. This would allow you to listen to the conversations, you just wouldn't have the ability to lock out talkgroups. Ie...if they use the system, you'll hear them, this includes the garbled r2d2 chatter from encrypted talkgroups.

I have not tried this on a rebanded system yet. I did use it on the Cincinnati/Hamilton County (9600 baud) system a few years ago, when all I had was the 785.

Jeff.

N8IAA

i'm programing this scanner for a police friend and its all done but will not decode p25 systems it does have the card i did remove and re plug the card back in so i did the programing with software just can't seem to get it working on lake county ohio and ohio marcs system?????

Lake county towers haven't rebanded yet, but you will need to get a scanner that decodes 9600 baud. The 785 doesn't. If you can find a 796, you'll be up and running:)
Larry

Status
Not open for further replies.