bc796 programing help

Status
Not open for further replies.

medic9351301

Banned
hey guys;
first let me applogzie if this is where i dont not need to be.

the question i have is there a diff. in the software that came with the unit and other stuff

what i am trying to do is trying to find ids with out having to listen to find them out ie like police west vice verse

is programing software diffrent from i guess control software and is there any programs out there that will let me do the above

thanks

seamusg

medic9351301 said:
hey guys;
first let me applogzie if this is where i dont not need to be.

the question i have is there a diff. in the software that came with the unit and other stuff

what i am trying to do is trying to find ids with out having to listen to find them out ie like police west vice verse

is programing software diffrent from i guess control software and is there any programs out there that will let me do the above

thanks
Did you look in the database here for the Talkgroup ID's for the system you're monitoring. If you're trying to ID a TG that's not in the database the only way is to listen to it. Programing and Control software are different. Programing software programs the scanner while Control software can either monitor or control the scanner. With the BC796D control software can do almost anything to the scanner except control the volume and squelch from a computer.

Status
Not open for further replies.