BC796 rebanding help for Prince William County, VA system

Status
Not open for further replies.

pattycakens

We have been trying to program a BC796d all week and I am at a loss. We found the frequencies and believe Prince WIlliam County has rebanded at least some of their system. So

We have upgraded the firmware and it appeared to work fine.
However, the setting up instructions seem to be designed for someone who
understands "scanning" language and that is not us.

Is there a document somewhere that has "step by step" with explanations
of what Configuration blocks are, what to put in etc. etc.
We are trying to program in Prince William County, VA frequencies which
we have printed off the web page. We are trying to get the fire board including the talk groups.
They do not seem to fall into any of the Plan 1,2,3,4 frequencies that are listed in the manual.

We have tried various times and configurations and the scanner does have some output.
However, it is missing a lot of transmissions.

The primary control channel freq -- 853.6000 with 853.6250, 853.850 and
853.8750 as alternates.

Can anyone help? We are lost here.

SomeDude64

Premium Subscriber
Not trying to hijack your thread but I'm having the same problem with my PRO-106 using WIN500 and a Radio Reference subscription.

N0WEF

Premium Subscriber

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
If you use software, and purchase a premium subscription, most of the popular software packages will download this system from our database and set up the custom table for you. You WILL need to put in a custom table since several of the system freqs end in 0 in the 4th decimal position.

You can find out about our premium services by looking on the far right at the blue toolbar under the Scanner Master ad, float your mouse over About and select from the pulldown.

For Patty - you will need to apply a firmware update before you can get the custom table. N0WEF gave you the correct link. Be sure to follow ALL the directions for the update, no matter how cumbersome they might be. If you use software both ARC250 and ProScan are popular and support your 796. You can find links to these packages here...(anything in blue is a link)

Uniden Legacy Software Support - The RadioReference Wiki

SomeDude - it's always wise to have the most up to date firmware in your scanner; and as for the custom table, it's displayed in our Object Oriented Scanner Software article...

Object Oriented Scanner Software - The RadioReference Wiki

I understand there's new firmware for the 106 - check the RS forum, and don't just look at new messages only...

best regards..Mike

SomeDude64

Premium Subscriber
Mike - Thanks for the link and I did recently upgrade my firmware to v2.0.

KLO5078

Rebanding Prince William

I have rebanded my 96 and 106- both are working A-OK

Using Win 500 --

First change the frequencies to--853.6000, 853.6250, 853.8500, 853.875 using the System Frequencies Tab
Next- using the drop down arrow in Trunking Tables- select Custom
Next-Click Trunking Tables then the drop down arrow --select 800 rebanded--click OK

That will do the trick.

Note : You can enter these tables from the key pad on the 106

SomeDude64

Premium Subscriber
KLO5078,

That indeed did the trick. Thank you very much!! The part I was wasn't doing was updating the frequencies manually. I was assuming that when I imported the database from RR that the new frequencies would come along for the ride. So do I have to perform that update manually for every trunked system that rebands in my listening area? It seems strange that I can't just import the latest database for my area, upload it to the scanner and be up to date.

Again, thanks for the step-by-step instructions. I'm back in business for PWC!

KLO5078

Changing frequencies

I use Win500 or the key pad to program my scanner- I like the personal touch. Sounds like you will need to update the frequencies after rebanding and uploading from RR. Fauquier (my location) and Culpeper rebanded sometime ago which will require new frequencies.

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
You should have gotten the right freqs from the database along with the settings for the custom table. If you didn't then submit changes to the database - it's the only way things like that get fixed

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.