Bc796

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gatorman

Is anyone out there using the Uniden software to program this radio?????? I'm having some trouble making it work.

firemedic2150

Database Admin
Software

I use the BuTel software and I love it, greatest thing since a font panel keypad replaced crystal's !!!

Mark Mc.

Gatorman

I sent you a private message. I don't want to share my total ignorance of this radio among the learned. :)))))))

Thanks for your patience.

Gatorman

I finally got Site 1 programmed into this BC796D. I am in the search mode right now. I am shocked at how good the audio on this radio sounds compared to the 396T. I have the latest firmware on the 396T. I have also manually adjusted the P25 modulation. Not even close to the 796D. In fact, I am getting the machine gunning on the 396T with the latest firmware which I never got in the past.

The 396T seems very dependent on a strong signal. The 796D is full scale where the 396T might be half scale. All using stock antennas indoor. The attenuators are NOT set on either radio.

One thing aggravating on the 796 is a hissing sound will remain on a particular TG after the dispatcher quits talking. It sounds almost like DES but it isn't. It will break with an audible squelch tail and everything is fine. Very annoying though.

Would appreciate hearing from other 796 owners. Also, anyone had a chance to compare the 796 to the 996?

ronmicha

Butel & 796D

Gatorman--
I, too, use the Butel software. Never even tried the Uniden software because of all the positive Butel reviews. The only trouble I ever had with it was finding a USB cable to work but that had to do with the fact I was using a Macintosh. I bought a Win XP laptop and now it's a lot easier. I've had mine since they first came out and I'm just now beginning to learn some things about it. I think you, Neal, David and myself are in the minority on here using the Uniden--that I can remember. I'm a member of some of the Yahoo groups re: the 796 and 396 and get some help there. If I can help you, just ask on here or send me a PM.
Ron

Gatorman

Ron, regarding the problem above. What is happening is 866.300 is hanging up, seemingly in analog after a TG drops. The TG goes off to another frequency and I am sitting there listening to what sounds like an open, analog carrier on .300. It only seems to do it on this frequency.

Any ideas????????

cg

Premium Subscriber
I believe it to be a Uniden problem with 866.3000. I have the same problem on CT State Police. You have to hit scan to have it resume. Luckily, that channel is the least used in the CT SP trunk zone.

chris

Gatorman

Chris, thanks VERY much. I am having it with another freq too. I thought I was going nuts. Tried everything in terms of outside interference from other radios, computers, etc. Pretty screws up listening for me here in Memphis. For some reason, this freq pops up quite a bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.